Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Too many paintings, volume 2: 'Quilt' related











Paintings from the 'racks'. (see previous post)
There was a period of time-- let's say, predominately 1998-2001? or there-abouts, when for a variety of converging reasons, I was quite interested in quilts, quilt-patterns, & unfinished quilts of days-gone-by. This manifested itself in several ways, leading ultimately to collaging vintage quilt blocks into paintings: (such as 1, 2, & 3). The following 3 include various bits of collage material: linen napkins, tea towels, vintage handkerchiefs, sheet music, old photos, etc. And the final two just combine a sort of abstract patchwork-influenced aesthetic (a la Hans Hofmann, Paul Klee etc) with elements I've used in other work.
I swear, I did *sell* some work from this time as well, these are just the ones I still have...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts