Monday, October 19, 2009

after ARTrails

Well, the two weeks of Artrails are just past. As many of you know, I took the year off "on sabbatical", which allowed me to go out and visit several artists each day-- mostly ones within a couple miles of me here in West Sonoma County-- and be here to be support to Tony as he participated in our back-yard studio. My apologies to my faithful visitors who may have been disappointed to find me not in the catalog... I expect to return next year, but most likely showing down the street at the Atelier. We weren't sure how the split-location would work out, and when the momentum was there for a AtelierOne building-specific opening in September, I decided that would be my one Fall Open Studio Event for this year.



(details of work in progress)

I've been leaning more purely abstract in the studio the past year or more, and as things incubate & shift, it's been helpful not to think too much about having a lot of visitors & the whole commercial end of things. Sort of an on-going see-saw for some of us.

I really enjoyed visiting with my colleagues out on the 'Trail'. As well as enjoying the fruit of their artistic output, I was impressed with their level of professionalism, and happy to be able to experience ARTrails as a viewer for a change!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

I've never commented on these and I think they're fascinating.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts