Thursday, November 08, 2007

'Stripe' Paintings delivered to the Gardener


The origins of this ongoing series were forest scenes I did back in graduate school.
The trees became progressively simplified, and the format begame a way to explore the changing colors of seasons, the flickering light, distances in space.
For 7 or 8 years I've shown paintings (mostly this series) at The Gardener, in Berkeley-- essentially a high-end home goods store, with an emphasis on an earthy, natural aesthetic.

As I was getting ready to take some of these down to The Gardener, I saw this article in SFGate: The Decor Store as Art Gallery, and well, it just seemed timely. It also inspired me to drop by Relish at Home (mentioned in the piece), right in my old neighborhood in Berkeley, and it really is a sweet little shop.
And one of the other stores mentioned, Rare Device-- is a project of Lisa Congdon's-- whose blog I follow, over there in the links, see?
Haven't gotten there in person, yet, but it's only a matter of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts