Thursday, November 02, 2006

part 2...

Remember how I said a second panel might be coming for this newly started piece? Yep. There it is. (Though I can't go much further with this til my panel-builder-extraordinaire mounts these panels-- I'll lose a half inch all around, including that masking tape line down the middle!)

One of the things I've always like about working on multiple panels-- diptychs, triptychs-- or more (and I've been doing that for more than a decade now)-- is the ability to move the pieces around, reverse them, turn one upside down-- and suddenly see the painting in a whole new way. Sometimes it becomes a permanent change, sometimes it suggests a slightly diffferent direction, which might be explored in a subsequent painting. In my mind, itt's a little bit like the art of collage, where you can add a new piece of something to that which already exists, and suddenly it's a whole new ballgame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts