Monday, January 15, 2007

slow & more slow

(at right, Gary Evans, "studio view" by way of Toronto Gallery Paul Petro. Click image to enlarge)

Well, it's been a little slow in the studio (okay, I haven't been out there) and it'll be slow for a few days yet, as I have begun a massive undertaking. The organization and overhaul of the 'office' space. This is sooooo needed. This is a room that, in the four years we've lived here, has never really been unpacked and organized for maximum efficiancy. Or moderate efficiancy. And it is the catch-all room as well-- everything that doesn't have a permanent home or needs to be dealt with or sorted out gets shoved into this room.

This is theoretically ground zero for art-business operations. We recently had our computer 'optimized'-- all our old files and things moved over from the last computer. Now I'm also trying to re-design the room's floor plan so that it can also be useful for indoor crafts and stuff-- making collages and what-not when it just seems too cold to go out to the studio.

I'd post 'before' pictures-- but until 'after' is acheived they're just too pitiful.
Wish me luck!

(at right: studio view for Mark Lavatelli, of Buffalo, NY, or thereabouts.)
About these photos: I ran a google search on the words "studio view", just to see what would turn up (and also to see if there were any shelving/storage concepts I could use in my office re-design!), and turned up some interesting discoveries, such as these. Will share more as time goes by...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Since we are STILL unpacking and trying to organize studio and office space I don't feel so overwhelmed and "lonely" after reading about your recent office endeavors. Misery loves company.......

I wait with great anticipation for the "before and after" images.

Good Luck!
Carol in Kingston

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts